Parent code of conduct for 20th Worcester Scout Group
Scouting is a volunteer led organisation. Our volunteers need help from parents to feel safe and valued.
20th Worcester Scout Group asks parents and carers to assist our volunteers by:
- Working together with our volunteers for the benefit of children
- Aiming to volunteer their time at least once per year
- Ensuring that their children have read and understood their code of conduct
- Letting us know of any relevant medical or behavioural conditions
- Ensuring your child is punctual and correctly dressed
- Allowing our meetings to start and finish on time without disruption to meetings/activities
- Notifying us if a child is to be collected early or by someone else.
As a parent/carer you have the right to:
- Be assured that your child is safeguarded
- Be informed of problems or concerns relating to your children
- Be informed if your child is injured
- Give permission for issues such as trips or photography
- Have any concerns about any aspect of your child’s welfare listened to.
We must protect our children and volunteers therefore 20th Worcester Scout Group cannot tolerate:
- Threatening harm or the use of physical aggression towards another adult/leader/helper or child
- Abusing, threatening, or harassing leaders or helpers in person or by email, phone or social network sites.
Parents and carers will be notified if they break this code and continued breaches may result in your child being asked to leave our group.